Friday 14 November 2014

Week 1 - In the War Zone

Warzone Overview - The week that was...

 The war has been going well for the Amarrian Lords of New Eden. The Minmatar slaves have all but lost control of the warzone and there are now whispers over a plan to release Huola from the slaves control. Will the Minmatar put up a fight or will it be the last blow that breaks any resistance? Time will tell...

 Over the last week I and the alliance (D6) I now call home have been engaging in the defence of the multiple systems that the Amarr Empire have won back from the Minmatar over the last few months. While my skills are still requiring improvement, both lodged in my head as a capsulee and actual skills at piloting the controls of my ship, I have enjoyed holding not only the Minmatar at bay but pirates and their wanted destruction of all.

 Now this being said enemy (both militia and pirate) activity has dropped in the last week. This seems to be due to the pulling out of the war-zone of a number of groups such as the legendary Ice Fire Warriors (Minmatar Militia) and Pandemic Legion (Pirates and Amamake Overlords). Each group has had their reasons for leaving although this has, at least for now, ensured that the righteous Amarr Militia will continue to dominate the war zone.

This weeks journal...

Friday 7th November

My alliance the mighty D6 was scouting some data and relic sites in a nearby system and came across a group of Minmatar Militia explorers running sites in a pair of Stratios exploraton ships. The fleet engaged although I was in another system. The fleet had one Stratios locked down but the second was doing catastrophic damage with its Gecko Heavy Drones and was able to stay out of range of the initial force. I lept into my executioner with a warp disruptor and stasis webifier and headed to the skirmish to assist. Entering the site I warp disrupted (pointed) the second Stratios and held him down while the first was taken down. Kiting the Statios was easy although after a few moments his drones were on me. Using my web and short ranged guns I engaged and took out a few drones while calling for a seconding point. Once secondary point was applied I warped to repair and then warped back in were one Stratios had exploded and some other war target vessels had arrived. The Skirmish went for a good 10 minutes. I have linked the battle report here for more information. 

Monday 10th November 

Today I noticed that a number of systems including Lulm had their defences reduced by over 50% including Lulm.  So I headed on over in my slicer and supported the resupply of a couple of Outposts.  A war target, agharaster, had been lurking in system in a Atron for sometime.   I kept a watchful eye on de-scan and headed into a third site (a large outpost).  These outposts perimeters are not protected by an acceleration gate.   About 10 minutes into the resupply mission, the directional scanner reported an Atron within 1 million km.  I repositioned and readied for a fight.  The fight lasted a few minutes although in the end I succumbed to Agharasters experience.  GFs were spouted in local (which is an acknowledgement of the honourable battle that has taken place).  

Tuesday 11th November

Today I headed out in search of a fight in honourable 1v1 combat...  After a few support missions defending resupply of outposts as previous days, I was of the thought that there was no-one to take my silent challenge until finally a pirate Punisher landed at the outpost.  The brawl between my tormentor and the Punisher seemed to last FOREVER but in the end it was close but Tormentor was lost.



Friday 15th November

Today I finally got my first solo kill....  I will forever love my Navy Comets.  Killmail!  Unfortunately the camera wasn't running.  :(

1 comment:

  1. You're flying the slicer very poorly, it's a ship that's supposed to fight at range and you dictate the range with superior speed.

    Pressing "orbit at 500" and then turning on your guns will get you killed in almost any frigate battle.

    ReplyDelete