Saturday 1 November 2014

Exploring the Cosmos


Today I decided to take up the challenge of exploring the cosmos in my shiny new Magnate (a reward from the previous days training).  I decided to not start in my training system of Pasha due to all the training signatures in that area.  So I moved over to the neighbouring system of Hilaban.  The first thing I noticed was the abundance of stations (18 into total).  

I then opened up probe scanner window and dropped my trusty probes.  There was only one cosmic signature in system (RMX-049) so I started to scan it down.  It took about 5 attempts to get the signature to 100% using the pinpoint formation.  Starting at 16 au moving one iteration down each scan until it finally went to 100% at 1 au.  As the signal strength got better my scanner informed me the signature was a wormhole.  Was my first proper exploration excursion to yield a wormhole?  These wormholes can lead to any known or as I was about to find out, any 'unknown part of space' as well.   With excitement and some nervousness I got the final scan completed and warped to the wormhole.  It was a Z971 wormhole.  According to UNIwiki (thank you to Koebmand from the rookie channel who gave me the link... twice mind you because I didn't release I could bookmark in the browser lol) this let to a wormhole to an unknown class 1 wormhole system.

Figuring it was only the lowest class of system I decided to venture inside to see what I could find.  Before I entered the wormhole I asked if in the rookie channel what I needed to do.  Bryan Achassee advised to set-up bookmarks on both sides of the wormhole as he had once got lost in a wormhole and had to self-destruct his ship to get out.  I promptly bookmarked in the wormhole entry and holding my breath entered the wormhole.  My little Magnate must have been pushed to its structural limits as I pulled inside.  After emerging on the other side I took note of the system and relealised there was absolutely NO warp-able signatures on my overview.  Well Bryans advice had already paid off...  So I bookmarked the way out and warp off to a Interbus Customs Office at 100km and look around.  After realising that sitting still probably wasn't a good idea I aligned to a random direction and dropped probes.  There was about 20 signatures.  So I started the process of scanning by identifying and ignoring (ignoring signatures was a handy hint given by Rulie Isoryn of Sisters of EVE).  

Before long I had found my first gas site...  That book looks so far away...  :(  Are well 'I'll get there, one day', I told myself...  I warped in and had a look around.  I did take note that the site was visually quite stimulating before aligning away as before and continuing probing.  



I then found some Data and Relic sites.  Having my relic and data analysers fitted I decided to warp in and attempt to unlock some hidden sleeper secrets...  Unfortunately upon entering the data site 2 cruisers engaged me and within seconds I was in armor with alarms sounding everywhere.  So I warped off.  Not being deterred I warped back to the site, this time at 100km, and aligned in the opposite direction hoping the powerful sleepers, who very actually not very fast, would chase me. They did. Before they got into range I managed to pull them off the data site about 100kms so warped to the sun and straight back to the site at 0km.  Sure enough the sleepers were still over 100km away and note able to hit me...  So I burnt in with my afterburner and attempted to hack a can...  Unfortunately at this stage I realised that my civil data analyser wouldn't be able to break the defences so I prompted left.  At this stage I decided to head back to my training system in normal space as I was in desperate need of making some isk.

Looking to make one more post today...  Stay Tuned.

Materia Out!


No comments:

Post a Comment