Tuesday 4 November 2014

Joining The War

As per my last journal I decided to start looking for player run corporations of the player vs player persuasion.  My main concern was replacement of my ships, now don't get me wrong I was worried about not having means to replace them myself not if I would get freebies...  As stated in my forum posts I'm keen to not be a burden on other capsuleers as I believe at least in the early stages I should be able to fund my ships to explode.

So first off I joined a corporation called Red Federation.  This Corporation is in an unending war with Blue Federation, Hence the name Red vs Blue.  Upon joining I moved straight to Red Federations home system of Otela where some members were rallying to head over to the Blue Federation home system 2 jumps away.  I promptly followed in my Punisher that I had renamed 'The Punisher'.

The Blue Federation most have been feel depleted that day and docked up when we arrived at their home station...


At that stage I asked the team how their new members pay for ship replacements knowing full well I didn't have enough isk to replace my ship.  They advised that the Red Federation runs ship replacement programs for doctrine fit cruisers of which I am unfortunately yet to be able to fly them...  They also advised some members have set-up multiple clones of themselves through a shifty corporation called 'ISBoxer' and run things like incursions, mining, faction warfare and wormholes.  Hmmmm...

Other than sounding very complex, it sounded immoral and not very honourable.  Why cheat and run with multiple consciousnesses at once???  I mean can you imagine the self conflicting mind bending challenges?!?!  I also believe capsuleers should have the means to make own way in this universe and not need the assistance of multi-cloning 'IS' corporations...  Figuring there must be other ways to make a reasonable amount of isk and still be able to use my guns for the common good of a capsuleer corporation I promptly quit the corporation that I had called home for all of 3 hours and started the search again. 

As I had already spoken to a number of recruiters from various faction warfare groups I decided to give it go.  I spoke to the Amarr Militia (24th Imperial Crusade) recruitment officer in my nearest station and enlisted.  Within moments my conscious mind had been thrust into the Amarr Militia's main intelligence channel and news was being spread about various kills and enemy movements around the war-zone.  I was also then granted access to a war map which showed how vulnerable some systems were to having their infrastructure hubs attacked.  Seeing that the Amarr were currently blitzing the war offensively I decided to go assist.  

I asked in the intel channel where I should go and was told to look in the 'fleet finder' list where I would find active fleets ready and willing to take pilots to help in the war effort.  I joined the 'Patroling the Pilgrim Road' fleet.  The Pilgrim Road is a group of systems between Rouschar and Oyonata.  This is one of 2 routes from the warzone into Huola, a Minmatar stronghold, which is a major connection for Amarrian supplies.  The Minmatar, traditionally, slaves of the Amarrian empire have been at war with each other for hundreds of years. 

The battles along the Pilgrim road, Huola and neighbouring Kourmonen are legendary even for new capsuleers such as myself.  Joining this battle was promising to be more thrilling and fearsome than anything I had en-counted before.

I entered Roushzar and found a number of friendlies running the combat complexes that helped to supply the systems infrastructure hub defences.  Seemingly having that under control I moved to the next system Labapi where I opened up a novice complex (being a novice I thought it appropriate).  I held that complex for 10 minutes which was enough for the some Amarr supply runs to bolster the infrastructure hubs defences a little.  I was awarded 2,450 loyalty points for my efforts.  After that complex I moved into Asghed and ran one further.  I then decided to move straight to Oyonata although along the way I met a war target gang of about 8 frigates.  I knew that loosing my ship a gang at this early stage would mean nothing so I held 'gate cloak' as long as possible and initiated warp. I made it to Oyonata. I found only myself and a few Minmatar capsuleer pilots in local.  There were a number of our outposts active in system.  

Knowing that only the Minmatar scum could be running these I warped to the Novice Outpost. Using my directional scanner at a very short range I found that a Tristan class frigate was inside the complex...  The Minmatar were obviously attacking the site to weaken our infrastructure hubs defences. Knowing I was not very skilled at combat I announced in the militia intelligence channel what I had found.  I activated the gate.  Once inside the complex I found Zen Guerilla, a known veteran of the Minmatar Militia, with a full flight of tech 2 drones in space waiting for me.  Within seconds the battle was on and I surrounded by his drones.  I returned fire with very little effect as his transversal was much greater due to his speed.  I was also unable to get into a range to do maximum damage.  Alarms sounded I was into armor, I started my repairer but it was no use it was only delaying the inevitable destruction of my ship.  I announced my predicament in the intelligence channel as PlantythePottedPlant entered system.  I then new I just needed to survive long enough to keep Zen from getting away.  Just before my ship exploded I noticed a Merlin class frigate on scan.  Distracted by this for moments my ship exploded and my capsule was scrammed...  'Good Fights' were in local just as I blacked out...  Only to find myself back in the starter system I first awakened in a few days earlier.

Checking reports later I found that 'Planty' had managed to dispatch Zen's Tristan moments after my conscious mind had left Oyonata.  Revenge was ours!

More to come later...

**** If you would like to learn more about EVE Online or try out a 21-day trial please follow this link.

1 comment:

  1. For the love of god learn the difference between "losing" and "loosing"

    ReplyDelete